Blackboard is available at http://blackboard.cornell.edu.
For support, please email email@example.com.
Blackboard is a web-based course management system that makes it easy for instructors to manage materials distribution, assignments, communications, and other aspects of instruction for their courses. This service is available at no cost and is supported for use by all faculty and instructors at Cornell University and extension units. Use of Blackboard is subject to the terms and conditions set forth on the Terms and Conditions page.
For more information about Blackboard or other services, such as video hosting and production, lecture capture, e-portfolios, assessment tools, or polling and clickers, email Academic Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org or browse this help website.
- Blackboard Upgrade: On June 4th, Blackboard was upgraded from version 9.1 Service Pack 9 to version 9.1 Service Pack 11. Click here for an overview of new features and updates.
- Winter/Spring 2014 Site requests: Faculty and their Administrative assistants are now able to request Blackboard course sites in Faculty Center for Winter and Spring 2014 semesters.
- Student access to Fall 2013 course sites created with Managed Enrollment will end as of January 20 unless the course availability dates are changed.
- Now available in Cornell’s Blackboard!
Panopto is a do-it-yourself lecture capture tool that records your screen and audio along with optional video from your webcam. The videos created in Panopto can be viewed through Blackboard or can be shared or embedded on another web site. See the “Lecture Capture with Panopto” page on the VideoHelp sister site for more information and how-tos.
Piazza is a different kind of online forum – it’s one where students can ask questions, or find answers that have already been posted by faculty and other students. Visit our Piazza page for information on linking Piazza to your Blackboard course.
- For information on copying content (including Turnitin assignments) from previous semester course sites, visit http://bbhelp.cit.cornell.edu/beginning-of-semester/.
- The Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions and Known Issues are now located under the support menu on this site.