Vendor documentation: Create Content
The course materials you choose to put on your Blackboard site may include a syllabus, readings, assignments, lecture notes, presentations, lab instructions, and more. Content can be posted to your site in several different ways – as text, an embedded image or media file, an HTML document, or as a file that can be downloaded, viewed and printed.
This section includes the following:
- Adding and Deleting Content
- Organizing Content and Linking within Course
- Adding Contact Information
- Content Availability rules (Adaptive Release)
- Working with Video
- Adding Library Reserve
- Teaching Ideas
- Tips & Tricks
Be mindful of the sizes of the courses you create and the quality of web content available to your students.
Video/Audio: Use Kaltura Media to upload your video or audio content to provide best playback quality for your students, prevent downloading the content, and reduce overall course size.
Use Mashups: Upload slide decks to SlideShare, video to YouTube, or images to Flickr. You can easily embed these elements in your course with the Blackboard Learn mashups tool.
Reduce File Sizes: Before uploading, reduce file sizes for:
- Microsoft Office Files: Use the tools available in Microsoft Office to reduce file size for Powerpoint and Word files. The Reduce File Size option is located in the File menu. You can also save files as PDFs before uploading, which often makes smaller, read-only versions of the files.
- Images: Use a graphics program to resize images for screen viewing before uploading. You can also use an online service such as http://www.shrinkpictures.com or http://www.picresize.com.