Use a Twitter widget to integrate a feed of your own Tweets or other tweets into your content. The feed is updated in real time, with new activity scrolling by as you watch. Even students without Twitter accounts can explore the feed content that interests them. Students can compose a Tweet at the bottom of the widget.
How To Embed a Twitter Widget in Your Course
- Log in to Twitter.
- Click the Settings icon and select Widgets.
- Click Create New.
- Select the User Timeline tab to publish your own Tweets in the widget. Alternatively, select Favorites, List, Search, or Collection. For example, select the Search tab and type #cornell in the query box. The widget displays the latest Tweets containing that hashhtag.
- Preview the widget and click Create Widget.
- Copy the code that appears below the Preview.
- In your Blackboard course, navigate to a content area or folder.
- Select Item from the Build Content action bar.
- Type the name of the new item, i.e. Cornell Twitter
- In the content editor, select HTML Code View. In the pop-up window, paste the widget code.
- Click Update. The content editor shows a link to the Twitter.
- Click Submit. The content area displays the Twitter widget with an automatically updating list of Tweets.
Instructor view will display the Widget code. Switching Edit Mode to OFF will show display the feeds.