Information on this page:
You can use announcements to remind students about assignments or due dates, and notify students of room changes or class cancellations. They can also be used to highlight new content on your site, or to communicate other date/time-specific information. Announcements are organized by date and displayed on the main page of your course site. Students can use the tabs on the main page to filter the announcements. When you create an announcement, you can specify when and for how long it will be displayed. You can make some messages permanent and others restricted by date. You may also choose to have an email sent immediately to your students overriding any email options options they may have set.
To add an announcement:
- In the Control Panel, under Course Tools, click the Announcements link.
- Click the Create Announcement button
- In the Subject box, type a subject for your message.
- In the Message box, type the body of your message.
- Set the display options for the announcement. If you enter date restrictions for you announcement, the announcement will only be displayed during the dates and times listed.
- If the announcement contains information about a specific section of your Blackboard course site, you may use the Course Link to include the link to that content are of your course. Please note: the link will not work in the email that users would receive. For more information about course links, see the page on Organizing Content.
- Click the Submit button to create the announcement.
Instructors can send email to all or selected individual users, students, groups, Teaching Assistants, Instructors or Observers.
To send Email:
- In the Control Panel, click on Course Tools.
- Click on Send Email.
- Click on your preferred option (All Users, Single/Select Users, All Teaching Assistants, etc.)
- If applicable, highlight users of interest and click the top arrow to move them into the “Selected” list.
- Type in a Subject heading and a message.
- If desired, attach a file by clicking the Attach a File link.
- Click Submit.