The following tools are available for communicating and collaborating with students in the course:
- Announcements and Email
- Course Messages
- Discussion Board
- Collaborative tools – Wikis, Blogs, and Journals
- Piazza – class-edited Question and Answer forum
- Blackboard Collaborate – built-in web conferencing tool
- Web Classroom – using Zoom with your course
The notification system alerts you when events occur in your courses such as when items need grading, when new content and tests are made available, and when you have unread discussions and blogs. Notifications are generated automatically whenever their associated events occur.
Notifications are delivered in the following ways:
- My Blackboard: The Updates page displays notifications for all of your courses and the Posts page displays unread discussions, blogs, journals, and wikis.
- Email messages: the default is set to send email when an announcement is created in your course.
- Mobile phone text or voice messages: not set by default
- Bb Student App and Blackboard Mobile Learn push notifications: the default includes notifications for course announcement, course content, and course assessments