A number of the features of a media clip can be modified. This is done in the editor, which can be found either in My Media, or from the Media Gallery of a course. You can only edit files that you own, or when the owner has given you the right to modify them.
From the Media Gallery
- Click the + sign in the lower right corner of a media clip.
- If you have rights to edit, the edit button will be present, otherwise it is missing.
- Click the Edit button
- The most commonly used feature in the editor is the ability to trim the start and/or end point of a clip. There are two ways to do this. The Create Clip button creates a new clip so the original remains unchanged, while the Trim Video option changes the original (thus affecting how it looks in all the courses that use it). In both cases, play the media until you reach the point at which it should start, and then click the Set Starting Point button. Play the media until you reach the desired endpoint, and click the Set Ending Point button.
- The Collaboration option allow you to give others in the course the rights to edit the content, and/or publish it in the course. Be careful with assigning the edit rights as the person then has the ability to trim the original media file.
- If you are interested in the other options and need help using them, email email@example.com.