Once a media file resides in your My Media, it can be moved into a course and shared with the other instructors, TAs, and course staff so they may use it within that course.
Each Blackboard course has a section called Media Gallery that is found under the left side navigation under Control Panel > Course Tools:
Selecting this link opens the Media Gallery.
Placing a media file in the Media Gallery allows others (non-students) to place it in the course.
Adding a media file to the Media Gallery
- Go to the Media Gallery
- Click the blue +Add Media button in the upper right. This takes you to your My Media files.
- Click the check box next to the media file you would like to contribute
- Scroll back to the top (if needed) and click the blue +Publish button. The file will now be available for use in the course.
Using a Media Gallery clip in the course
Placing a clip that resides in the Media Gallery into the course is similar to placing a new media file.
- Navigate to the location in the course where you would like to place the media file.
- Choose Tools and then Kaltura Media. This take you to your My Media.
- At the top, select Media Gallery. This will display the files in this course’s Media Gallery, both your files and the files contributed by others.
- Click the blue Select button to the right of the media you’d like to place.
- The Blackboard content screen appears. Enter Title, description, and display options, and click Submit.
The media file is now placed in a new location in the course.