Uploading Dynamic Content into Assignments, Discussion Board and more – Student Instructions
The following instructions are created for faculty to provide to their students who are uploading videos to Blackboard:
Students can upload dynamic content such as webcam videos, YouTube videos, or videos stored on their local machine into Blackboard courses. To access this feature students should browse to a content area of the course where they can access the WYSIWYG content editor. Discussion Board posts and Assignment Upload both feature the WYSIWYG editor.
- Students look under the Mashups button in the content editor, then choose Kaltura Media.
Once selected, they can choose to add media from their Media Gallery, record a video from their webcam, upload a video from their hard drive, or they can do a screen recording of their local machine.
- To upload a clip from their hard drive:
Click on the Choose a file to upload button.
- Find the file on your local machine.
- Select the file and click on Open. The file will then begin uploading.When the progress bar turns green, click on Save.
- After you click on save, click on Back to Browse and Embed. It may take some time to process the video. But it should show up in your Media Gallery.
- To place the media in your post, press the Select button.
Your video should now show up in your text editor.
Click on Submit and the video will now show up in your post.
- To choose a clip from their personal media gallery:
- To upload a webcam video: