Videos: “Using the Calendar Tool”
Vendor documentation “Calendar Features”
The calendar has some useful new features including:
- Students and instructors can view items that are past due, due today, or due this week.
- Calendar events are color coded by Institution, Course, or Personal.
- Calendar events are added by clicking on a date and adding an item.
- Items with due dates automatically appear on the instructor’s and students’ calendars.
- Faculty can move calendar events by dragging and dropping them to a new date. The due date on the associated item is automatically updated.
- Users can click through calendar events directly to the associated item.
- Calendar honors adaptive release and availability rules.
- External calendars can subscribe to events created on the Blackboard calendar through an iCalendar feed.
- When reusing content through course copy, archive/restore or import/export, the course calendar events are propagated to the new course.
There are several ways to add an item to the calendar:
- To manually add an item directly in a course calendar, go to your Blackboard course and under the course menu, click on Tools, click Calendar and then click on the plus sign in the upper right hand corner of the calendar, or click on the day of the event.
- In the Create Event box, give the event a title and choose which calendar the item is associated with, either Personal or a specific course.
- The Repeat checkbox gives more options for the frequency of the event.
If you create an item with a due date, this will automatically appear on the calendar of each person in the class, as well as the instructor’s.
Tip: Calendar items can be dragged and dropped to new dates, the information will be updated in the assignments section.
Linking to External Calendars
Note: This feature works one-way only, meaning that your Blackboard Calendar can be imported to another calendar, but not the other way around. You cannot import items into the Blackboard Calendar.
Blackboard Calendar is not synchronized with the official class schedule in Student Center.