Blackboard will not be available to user after April 30th, 2020. We recommend that users export and save their course content and if appropriate, collect student work, and export the grade book.
Information on this page:
- Collecting and archiving student work (assignments and discussion)
- Exporting the Grade Center
- Exporting course content
Collecting and Archiving Student Assignments
If you used the Assignments feature for homework submission, follow these steps to download all of the files:
- From the Control Panel, click Grade Center, and then Full Grade Center.
- Click on the downward chevron next to the assignment name, and select “Assignment File Download”.
- Select the students whose assignments you want to download (you can select all students by checking the box next to “Name”).
- Click Submit. All of the files submitted for that assignment will be packaged in a .zip file.
- Right-click on the “download assignments now” link and choose “Save Link As” or “Save Target As”.
- Save the file to your hard drive or external storage device.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each assignment.
If you used Discussions in the course, you can select to display all posts on one page and save the collection of posts as pdf file on your computer or external storage device.
- In a discussion forum, open a thread.
- Select the check boxes next to the posts you want to collect. If a post has replies and you want them to appear on a collection page, select the check boxes for those posts as well.
- At the top of the list, select Collect from the Message Actions menu.
- On the page that displays your collection of posts, click the Print Preview button at the top left. Select to save as a pdf file.
Exporting the Grade Center
If you used the Blackboard Grade Center for your students’ grades, follow these steps to save a copy of the Grade Center:
- From the Control Panel, select Grade Center, and then Full Grade Center.
- From the Download/Upload button at the top right, select Download
- Select the data that you want to download and click Submit.
Exporting your course content
If you know you may need to use the course content again, you should create an Export of the course content and download it. We recommend using either Chrome or Firefox browsers. In Safari, the export file may automatically unzip the package by default when downloading the zip file.
To export your course content:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Click on Packages and Utilities, then click Export/Archive Course
- Click the Export Package button
- Click the radio button to select the option “Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory”
- Select items you want to include in the export file or click Select All to include all items
- Click Submit on the following page to begin the exporting process
- Once you see the receipt page, click on the link to download the exported course package file to your computer