Videos: “Running and Saving Course Reports”
Vendor documentation: “Student Performance and Retention”
Instructors can generate course reports to view the statistics and usage of a particular area in their Blackboard course. Report options include:
- All User Activity Inside Content Areas displays a summary of all user activity inside Content Areas for the course. Use this report to determine which students are active in your course and which content areas they are using.
When a student opens a content folder, all content that resides inside this folder (files, links, video) will be considered “accessed” by the student.
- Course Activity Overview displays overall activity within your course, sorted by student and date. Data includes the total and average time spent per user and the total amount of activity the user had in the course. You can also click an individual student’s name to access their Student Overview for Single Course report. This report can help you determine which days of the week students are active in your course and see how much time overall students spend.
- Course Coverage Report displays data on course items that have been aligned to goals.
- Course Performance displays how a single course performs against a selected set of goals.
- Overall Summary of User Activity displays user activity for all areas of the course, as well as activity dates, times and days of the week. Use this report to view student access as well as how often Course Tools are being used.
- Student Overview for Single Course displays an individual student’s activity within your course, sorted by date. Data includes the total overall time the student spent in the course as well as detailed information about the student’s activity, such as which items and Content Areas the student accessed and the time spent on each. Use this report to check a particular student’s course activity.
- User Activity in Forums displays a summary of user activity in Discussion Board Forums in the course. You can see which forums are used the most.
- User Activity in Groups displays a summary of user activity in Groups for the course. You can see if students are active in their groups.
To run a course report:
- In the Control Panel, select Evaluation, then Course Reports
- Highlight the name of the report you would like to run, then click on the arrow at the end of the name. Select Run.
- You will be given the opportunity to specify options for the report.
- If the report gives information for individual students, you can select the students in the following manner:
- If you would like to select all students, click on the first name on the list, scroll to the bottom, hold down the shift key, and then click the last name on the list.
- If you would like to select specific students, hold the CTRL key while clicking on the students’ names.
Report data is automatically refreshed in the system every 20 minutes for all reports except activity reports. Activity data is refreshed once per day at midnight.