The Kaltura system inside Blackboard can also be used to upload media for your other course-related websites. In that case, the Blackboard course provides the management interface for uploading and editing your media, and you copy and paste the embed code for a media element into another site. If you have any other Blackboard course you can use it for this purpose–the media won’t be shown to those students. If you don’t have a Blackboard course, you can create one for this purpose at https://request.blackboard.cornell.edu/
The HTML embed code for a media element is found in your My Media. To easily get to your My Media, put a link on the Blackboard course homepage:
- Go to the Blackboard course home page, and at the top left, click Add Module.
- Scroll down the list of modules until you find My Media and click the Add button.
- Return to the Blackboard course home page, and look for the My Media module with the link to My Media. Click the link.
- Once you’re in your My Media section, find the media clip that you want to embed, and click its thumbnail image. If the clip hasn’t been uploaded yet, click the Add New at the top right, and upload or record a file.
- Click the Share button, then copy the embed HTML code.
- Paste the embed code into the page on the other web site where you’d like the video to appear. Note that you will need to go into the HTML entry mode for that page, you can’t just paste this as text on the page.